Domino City Academy

Welcome To Duel Universe. Sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Domino City Academy

Welcome To Duel Universe. Sign up!

Domino City Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Domino City Academy

Welcome to Domino City Academy

4 posters

1st Card Discussion: Chain Disappearance

LegendaryFrost
    LegendaryFrost
    Loki
    Loki

Male Posts : 25

1st Card Discussion: Chain Disappearance  Empty 1st Card Discussion: Chain Disappearance

Post by LegendaryFrost Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:32 pm

1st Card Discussion: Chain Disappearance  ChainDisappearanceDR2-EN-R-UE

EFFECT:You can only activate this card when a monster(s) with an ATK of 1000 or less is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned or Special Summoned. Remove the monster from play and your opponent removes all monsters of the same name in his/her hand and Deck from play. His/her Deck is then shuffled.

This card has been around for a while, but it seems no one has take the time to consider just how great this card is. Before you say, "Wow Frost good job on making an article about a useless card" what if I told you that it could remove synchros from a Six Samurai Deck? Perked you interest ehh? Well it should. As we all now, after the release of those dreaded Legendary Six Sams, people from all over have made decks and constantly used them, rarely admitting defeat. Legendary Six Samurai Shi-En can negate 1 spell or trap per turn.

1st Card Discussion: Chain Disappearance  LegendarySixSamuraiShiEnSTOR-EN-UR-1E

EFFECT:1 Warrior-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Six Samurai" monsters
    Once per turn, when your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card, you can negate it's activation and destroy it. If this face-up card on the field would be destroyed, you can destroy another face-up "Six Samurai" monster you control instead.

That combined with the new counter "Musakani Magatama" it may seem nearly impossible to win once he's on the field. So rather than find a way to destroy him, lets find a way to prevent his summoning. Kagemusha of the six samurai has only 400 ATK making him a prime target for chain disappearance. Not only that, because it removes rather than destroys, it can't be negated by the Magatama. If u get this baby on kagemusha the synchros in a six samurai deck are shut down, the rest is up to you...
    Next, up is Doppelwarrior.
    1st Card Discussion: Chain Disappearance  DoppelwarriorSTOR-EN-R-1E

EFFECT:When a monster is Special Summoned from your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard as a Synchro Material Monster, you can Special Summon 2 "Doppel Tokens" (Warrior-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 400/DEF 400) in Attack Position.

This card is EXTREMELY dangerous in the right hands. It is capable of bringing out a Shooting Star Dragon in one turn(by Debris Dragon when you have 1 Bulb in Grave). Chain disappearance is capable of stopping any deck which uses Quickdraw synchron, Debris Dragon, and Junk Warrior, because those decks use low attack monsters from major synchros.
    And lastly, this card will stop frognarchs in it's tracks. Just imagine, during your opponent's standby phase, they summon treeborn frog and you activate this. For the rest of the duel, they won't have a monster waiting on the field every turn, meaning that their deck is pretty much useless, since they don't run traps.
    Well that was just me showing you just how good a card not known by many can be. I'll be bringing more articles in the near future, but as of now, Frost is done.
    Martiachan
    Odin
    Odin

Female Posts : 38

1st Card Discussion: Chain Disappearance  Empty Re: 1st Card Discussion: Chain Disappearance

Post by Martiachan Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:38 pm

Chain disappearance is a card often found in side decks. The things it can hit are amazing and completely cancels out some meta decks. If you can fit it and run it, there's no reason for it not to be in your side deck. There is often no reason to main it however. You can remove Aklys and Phalanx with Chain disappearance, canceling out Dragunities capabilities to synchro assuming their going pure, which most do.
    It also seems to be able to cancel out Doppel Synchron decks, which appear to be doing well as a alternative to dandylion. Everyone knows Shi En is amazing, no discussion needed. I don't see how special summoning Doppel would stop Frog Monarchs from having monsters though, but I may be over looking something.
    LegendaryFrost
    LegendaryFrost
    Loki
    Loki

1st Card Discussion: Chain Disappearance  Empty Re: 1st Card Discussion: Chain Disappearance

Post by LegendaryFrost Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Chain disappearance against a treeborn frog, removing all the treeborns from the game, thus making them useless.
    Martiachan
    Odin
    Odin

Post by Martiachan Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:52 pm

Your opponent plays wetlands, wait a second! That way Treeborn won't be able to come back! Oh well, at least normal summonable it dodges Chain Disappearance.
    LegendaryFrost
    LegendaryFrost
    Loki
    Loki

Post by LegendaryFrost Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:55 pm

Even if Treeborn is normal summoned, it can get hit by disappearance. It activates after normal,flip and special summons.
    Martiachan
    Odin
    Odin

Post by Martiachan Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:59 pm

But with Wetlands out, it gains 1200 attack, giving it 1300 making it dodge Chain Disappearance.
    LegendaryFrost
    LegendaryFrost
    Loki
    Loki

Post by LegendaryFrost Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:04 pm

Have u ever dueled a frognarch deck that uses wetlands?
    Martiachan
    Odin
    Odin

Post by Martiachan Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Have you seen a Frognarch deck that uses Dimensional Fissure? I have.
    UltimatuS
    Admin
    Admin

Male Posts : 51

Post by UltimatuS Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Thanks for this great article, frost. It's great to see you guys getting used to being members Smile
    Fish
    Fish
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Fish Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:42 am

I like this little frog argument going on here.

Personally I'd like to see the anti-ryko stuff going on, some people just overuse that card.

Also, FYI, the Six Samurai synchro is probably meant for more use with Shien, that effectively creates a lockdown. (Shien limits an opponent's spells and traps to one per turn, which is negated by the synchro.)

I put it in, 'cause you didn't!
    Martiachan
    Odin
    Odin

Post by Martiachan Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Personally, I feel that occassionally, Six Sams are fairly inconsistant. 2 Solemn Warnings, 1 Oppression, 3 Six Sams United, as a starting hand. Maybe it's just the shuffling system in KCVDS.
    Fish
    Fish
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Fish Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:39 pm

It probably is tbh, there've been alot of rumours about the KCVDS shuffling system floating around. Mainly that you usually get monsters 5/5 or backrows 5/5
    UltimatuS
    Admin
    Admin

Male Posts : 51

Post by UltimatuS Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:50 pm

I've talked to kaiba, he said that is because of the order you have the cards when you the deck.
    Put dont put all your monsters on the top row, keep them all random.
    I don't know what the system involves, but that's what I was told by Kaiba.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:33 am