Domino City Academy

Welcome To Duel Universe. Sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Domino City Academy

Welcome To Duel Universe. Sign up!

Domino City Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Domino City Academy

Welcome to Domino City Academy

2 posters

Scrap'd up, and left in the heap

Martiachan
    Odin
    Odin

Female Posts : 38

Scrap'd up, and left in the heap Empty Scrap'd up, and left in the heap

Post by Martiachan Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:00 pm

Welcome to the Scrap Discussion Topic!

Scraps are a underplayed and usually unestimated archtype. Often times, people say it's bad and give up on it, but people that do say it's bad, clearly never seen a good duelist or build. Admittably, the deck does have it's weakness, but no more then most decks have. Scraps were released in Duelist Revolution, if I don't have my information wrong. It's a all earth archtype based on destroying your own cards along with your opponents to make +'s, and get rid of pesky monsters or backrow. There are multiple variants in which you can build this, such as Scraptown or TrickyScraps.

Pros:
    - Fairly strong beaters
    - Theme-specific Search Engine Built into Tuners
    - One card synchro into our boss card
    - Able to keep field pressence

Cons:
    - Fairly slow compared to swarm decks like Six Sams
    - Vulnerable to backrows, gravekeepers, adjust your side deck accordingly
    - Hard to build well

Cards: Staples

Scrap Chimera: I personally don't see any Pure Scrap Build where you shouldn't main 3. When this card is normal summoned you can special summon any Scrap Tuner in your graveyard.
    What levels do we have? 2, 3, 4 and even 5 Scrap Tuners. This card can only be used for a synchro for a Scrap monster, but you'd usually want to go for a Scrap Dragon anyways. The tuner pulled back with this effect, the effect of that tuner isn't negated so take advantage of that.
    This by itself is a one card synchro for Scrap Dragon most of the time, or possibly Archfiend or Scrap Twin. It's reusable by destroying Scrap Tuners with Scrap effects, then you can add this back from the graveyard.

Attack: 1700
    Defense: 500
    Type: Beast
    Attribute: Earth

Recommandation: Run 3, always.

Scrap Beast: This card is the main tuner for our deck. You will almost never be able to pull of the first effect, since you'd have to have a idiot to slam a 1300 or less attack monster into it.
    However it's a Chimera + Beast = Scrap Dragon. It's also a nice beater by itself, although is often outranked by most played level 4 beaters.
    With it's 2nd effect, destroying it with a Scrap effect can allow you to pull back any Scrap card besides Scrap Beast and add it to your hand. If you need to reuse synchros, this is how, don't run Pot of Avarice for it.

Attack: 1600
    Defense: 1300
    Type: Beast

Recommanded: 2-3, I personally recommand maxing out on this card. You can run 2 if you max out on Scrapyards, but even then I'd recommand 3, it's just that important when combo'd with Scrap Chimera.

Scrap Goblin: Level three scrap tuner that cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is targetted as a face-up defense position target destroy it at the end of the battle phase.
    It'll block your life points for one turn. Like most Scrap Tuners, when this card is destroyed by a Scrap effect you can pull back one Scrap monster from your graveyard to your hand.
    If your opponent wants to run though this by battle, he'll take one turn to do so and you can pull back any other Scrap monster from your graveyard. Scrap Goblin can also be pulled back with Chimera for a one-card Scrap Archfiend.

Attack: 0
    Defense: 500
    Type: Beast-Warrior

Recommandation: 2-3, A useful stall card and a useful card in general for the Scrap archtype. If you don't have a Scrap Beast in your graveyard, you may at least have this guy to go into Archfiend with a Chimera.

I'll finish the rest later, discuss.

Last edited by Martiachan on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
    LegendaryFrost
    LegendaryFrost
    Loki
    Loki

Male Posts : 25

Scrap'd up, and left in the heap Empty Re: Scrap'd up, and left in the heap

Post by LegendaryFrost Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:05 pm

I actually have 3 scrap builds: Scrapkeepers, Scrap Baboon, and Scrap Decree. They all work fairly well with scrapkeepers being the most effective, I will try another build with the new scrap cards that have come out.
    Martiachan
    Odin
    Odin

Female Posts : 38

Post by Martiachan Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:14 pm

I personally use the Sangan Engine. The gravekeeper engine was nice, since I could tech in Dark End and use it easily, but I found myself having them run over easily. Baboon didn't work well for me, I tested it and disliked it due to inconsistancy. Scrap Decree is nice, however 1-2 copies of Decree should be in every copy of a Scrap deck anyways in my opinion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:14 am